What was your first job? (title/basic responsibility)
- Mowing lawns in high school. It’s actually how I got into real estate as the owner of the properties moved out of town while I was in college and asked me to be his property manager. That was my part time gig in college and has obviously spiraled from there.
Current ACTION-Housing job title?
- Development Officer
What Do You REALLY Do (if you were writing the job description)?
- I just started last month so right now I’m learning and helping the team out as much as I can but a lot of what we do here is firefighting! From small little flare ups to ragers that can consume a whole project, the development team needs to problem solve constantly. And get financing. Lots of asking for money.
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- Recently I’ve had day dreams of becoming a professional disc-golfer. I’ve also dabbled in screen writing and documentary filmmaking too.
- Follow up: what non-professional career/path would you like to attempt—if you could?
- Foreign Correspondent!
Favorite Pittsburgh spot?
- Apteka – can they open already?!?
Favorite place to get out of town?
- Someplace new I’ve never been before! I love exploring different places – urban, nature or small towns.
Inside of work I’m most proud of:
- Ask me that in a few months!
Outside of work I’m most proud of:
- I help run Pittsburgh’s Books to Prisons Program, Book ‘Em! We send books and other educational materials / resources to people incarcerated in PA for free. We’ve grown a ton in the past five years I’ve been involved and have overcome some incredible challenges. I also work with other similar organizations on a national level fighting censorship in prisons and the exploitation of people by the prison telecommunications companies.