Interested in helping the environment while saving money on energy bills?
ACTION-Housing, Inc. is one of the largest weatherization providers in Pennsylvania. In cooperation with the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development, ACTION has operated the Weatherization Assistance Program for the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny (including Mon Valley), Washington, and Greene Counties for 25+ years.
This free program is available for income-eligible homeowners and renters (with Landlord approval) who are at or below 200% of poverty (see chart below). Once a participant has qualified, an Energy Auditor will conduct an audit of the home to assess energy measures that will increase energy efficiency and reduce energy costs. The measures will reduce the amount of air infiltration into and out of the home. This process should improve energy efficiency, reduce heating and electric bills, and make the home a more comfortable place to live. No liens or encumbrances are ever placed against the property.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Meet the income eligibility requirements (see table below).
- Live in the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, or Washington or Greene counties or Mon Valley.
- Have lived in your home for three months and be able to provide a copy of your gas and electric bills.
- If you do not own your home, you must have the landlord sign off on the application.
- Complete the entire weatherization application.
- Be willing to allow us to perform our services on the property as we deem necessary.
2020 Income Guidelines
|Household Count 12 Month Income||Household Count 12 Month Income|
|1 $25,520||6 $70,320|
|2 $34,480||7 $79,280|
|3 $43,440||8 $88,240|
Additional Person: $4,480