The Whole-Home Repairs Program will begin accepting applications on May 30th, 2023.
Need help to afford home repairs?
Apply for funding from the Whole-Home Repairs Program.
Funding is available to fix severe issues like damage to your home’s roof, windows, and foundation. You can also get money to make modifications so someone managing a disability can live in the house.
Applications will be accepted Tuesday, May 30, 2023, through Friday, June 30, 2023.
Who can apply?
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Own and live in a house needing repairs in Allegheny County.
- Be living in a home with significant habitability issues like roof damage, unsafe electric wiring, or accessibility concerns.
- Have a total income that doesn’t exceed 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) for Allegheny County. Please refer to this chart.
How the application process works:
- Apply online: (Please note: online applications will be available beginning 8:30am on Tuesday, May 30, 2023.)
- If you are eligible and selected for a home inspection, someone from the Whole-Home Repairs Program will contact you to schedule it.
- A Whole-Home Repairs inspector will visit your home to determine if the repairs qualify for funding.
- If the inspector approves the repairs, we’ll connect you with a contractor certified by the Whole-Home Repairs program to do the work.
Contractors: We’re looking for contractors to partner with on this program. If you or someone you know is interested in working with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions? Check our Frequently Asked Questions, and if you don’t find the information you need, please contact ACTION-Housing at (412) 248-0021 or email@example.com.
We’ll also be hosting two public town halls via Zoom. Anyone can attend and ask questions about the Whole-Home Repairs Program.
Tuesday, May 30, at 12 p.m.
Please click the Zoom link to join: https://link.edgepilot.com/s/e8ca55d1/LT9k1WBLOU673sCI9PaZDA?u=https://us02web./zoom.us/j/85362750512?pwd NHJFMHlJWVF5ODdySlZVMFVZWDZZdz09
Thursday, June 1, at 6 p.m.
Please click the Zoom link to join: https://link.edgepilot.com/s/e8ca55d1/LT9k1WBLOU673sCI9PaZDA?u=https://us02web./zoom.us/j/89038684761?pwd=Vnc2SE5XV3p2eUJmdnQrSVdSK1ptdz09
We want to help everyone but must prioritize homes with the worst damage due to limited funding. So, unfortunately, not everyone eligible will get their home repairs completed.