ACTION’S work on Second Avenue has been focused on renovating existing commercial structures with the goal of revitalizing the neighborhood’s historic main street. The Hazelwood Second Avenue project includes the renovation of two formerly vacant, blighted structures. The first is a historic four-story brick building, constructed in 1911 as a hall for the Oddfellows. The building has been brought back to its original historic beauty and houses the commissary for the Pittsburgh Community Kitchen (PCK) with the goal of eventually having a community restaurant. PCK will undertake job training in the space, preparing participants for employment in the fast-growing Pittsburgh culinary industry.